Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM U.S. Central Standard Time on January 12, 2020.
The 2020 Fellowship will take place from June 28 through July 29, 2020 in Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A.
Applicants must use the online application to apply to the Fellowship. Here is what is required in the application:
- Summary of your leadership experience. (150 words)
- Why you wish to attend the Kinship Fellows program. (150 words)
- What you see yourself doing in five years. (250 words)
- Summary of your experience working with market-based tools. (250 words)
- Description of a project or an environmental challenge or issue in your work and how you plan to develop a solution using market-based approaches. (350 words)
- Your role in the project previously described. (150 words)
Your resume should reflect at least five full years of experience working in an environmental field. Five years cannot include time spent pursuing a degree.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation: One from a current employer and one from a colleague. The selection panel will use these letters to assess each applicant's capacity for leadership. Specific examples include:
- Your ability to take action on conservation issues
- Your ability to mobilize and motivate others
- Your capacity to produce innovative solutions to complex environmental problems
- Your potential to contribute to an ongoing community of leaders
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you submit your application, our system will automatically send instructions on how your letter writers can upload their letters. They will not be able to upload a letter until your application is fully submitted. Please ask your letter writers to prepare the one page letter in advance (PDF, Word or JPEG format) so that they will be able to meet the submission deadline. Letters MUST be uploaded directly by the letter writer no later than January 19, 2020. As a reminder, applications are due January 12, 2020, but letters of recommendation will be accepted until January 19, 2020.